Prep Time :5 mins Cook Time :5 mins Total Time :10 mins
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Keyword: perfect rice krispy treats
- Servings: 16 servings
- Calories: 143 kcalIngredients
- 8 cups miniature marshmallows about 1 1/2 (10 ounce) bags of marshmallows
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 6 tablespoons butter
- optional: additional 2 – 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside. (Do not hesitate to use aluminum foil, if you prefer, do not forget to lubricate the aluminum foil with butter!
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until they melt. Remove from heat and stir in the cereals until well coated.
- Place the sticky cereal mixture on the prepared baking pan. Wet your hands slightly (or butter them, if you’re like me) and gently squeeze the cereals through the pan, taking care not to press too hard and do not compact them. Cool for a few minutes before slicing. Store in an airtight container for several days. Enjoy!
For a particularly gooey treat, you can add extra marshmallows just at the end, just before squeezing the mixture into the pan. I like rice that krispy treats on both sides, but for the most part, I add these extra marshmallows each time.